A Call for Writers for our Anthology
Once a month Gigi’s Cafe hosts a Writer’s Open Mic, hosted by local writer Toni Graeme. Along with Toni and Edeana Malcolm, we are pleased to offer an opportunity for local writers to have an original, unpublished piece published in a Gigi’s Cafe Anthology!
Our updated due date for submissions is August 30.
- Submissions must be 2,000 words or less
- Fiction, poetry and non-fiction are welcome!
- For poetry submissions, you may submit more than one poem within the 2,000 word limit; however, we may only accept some of the poems at our discretion
- For fiction and non-fiction, please submit only one piece
- Please submit your work in Times New Roman font, size 12, in a word document to email@example.com, with a short bio
Edeana Malcolm has published several historical novels, some short stories and even poetry. Her latest novel House of Crows, the story of three generations of women in nineteenth-century Victoria, was published by Three Ocean Press in 2020. Its sequel Tea at the Empress will be published this September.
Toni Graeme is the author of three published non-fiction books, including her Sucess Manual for Self-Published Writers. She is also a writer’s coach and member of some writer’s groups around town.
What happens after you submit your work?
We are aiming to be as inclusive as possible when accepting pieces to the anthology, but as we don’t know how many writers will submit work, we may have to judge submissions based on the strength of the writer’s voice. We may also determine if a theme has emerged within some of the submissions we receive and accept pieces based on that theme.
We will not be editting submissions for style, but may correct spelling.